Check this out:
- Translanguaging in the Classroom – YouTube
- Elementary School | Translanguaging – YouTube
- 04 Andy Brown Translanguaging A multilingual Learning – YouTube
- Stephen D. Krashen – Language Acquisition – YouTube
- Optimal Input – YouTube Stephen Krashen
- Stephen Krashen on Language Acquisition – YouTube
- Dove, Honigsfeld, Fenner & Snyder: The Best Collaborative Strategies for Supporting ELs Webinar – YouTube
- “Saskatchewan Providing Tuition-Free Education for Displaced Ukrainian Students”
See the EAL and Immigration Portal for more information.
More information on supports for displaced Ukrainians can be found here.
As part of the McDowell Foundation’s virtual Salon Series, teachers Shawna Jurgens, Brenden Kroeger, and Dr. Zhi Li, Dr Hyunjung Shin, and Shannon Storey from the University of Saskatchewan share research on building bridges of understanding with EAL students and families. The webinar, Partnerships of Change: Transforming Language in Three-Way Conferences for English as an Additional Language (EAL) Student Success, offers lessons in making connections and building understanding with English language learners and their families.
See the story on the STF site here
Watch the webinar on YouTube here.
- SKTEAL & SSTS grant. Click here to read: Best Practices for Science and English Language Learning and Grade 5 Forces and Simple Machines Unit & Materialshere to read Best Practices for Science and English Language Learning and Grade 5 Forces and Simple Machines Unit & Materials